Graphics by

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Memories...

My first son was born in January of 2006.  In June, 2008 his little brother arrived.  I thought I would remember every little detail as I  cuddled, kissed and played with these two little fellas.  Sadly I found that wasn't the case.   I wanted to remember all the tiny details of our lives together but quickly realized that I would not unless I wrote them down.   I started a journal for each of them in July 2008.  I keep their journals on my nightstand and periodically read them aloud to the boys.  They love hearing about themselves as little guys and I love that the memories are here forever.  Here are a couple of our treasured memories...


Eli: July 28, 2008


-When you wake me up in the morning you are inches away from my face with a huge smile and sparkling blue eyes.  You usually say, "Good morning Mama.  Are you awake? Look, the sunshine is out. It is a sunshiny day.  Let's talk about it."


-You give me lots of hugs and kisses and tell me not to be grouchy when I am.


Will: October 13, 2008


-You smile and laugh so much!  You have a deep, raspy little voice that we all love.  We went to the pumpkin patch today and Eli helped you pick out the perfect pumpkin.


Will: May 11, 2011


We have been reading Wilfred Gordon McDonald Partridge every night.  In this story Miss Nancy loses her memory and Wilfred Gordon helps her get it back.  Tonight you told me that you lost your memory.  You said you lost it in the garden and would go and dig for it tomorrow.  I hope you find it!


Eli: November 4, 2011


Today you lost one of your front teeth!  You also "belly laughed" when you said, "Eli licks lollipops" because your tongue tickled the spot where your tooth used to be.





1 comment:

  1. How wonderful you are recording these moments. Your post brought back happy memories of my own two sons, who are grown men now.

    ReplyDelete