Graphics by

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More Technology!

I have been waiting for snow here in Eastern Oregon and it is finally here! We have so much of it that our Superintendent declared a snow day!  I have been sledding down our street, cross county skiied with my oldest down to daycare and have had a few moments to think ahead about what I will be teaching the rest of this month.  I am currently collaborating with one of our middle school/tech teachers on a technology project.  His students (8th graders) are going to help my students (2nd graders) publish their habitat research using Glogster. While we were talking yesterday he mentioned a website/presentation tool that I had not heard of.  It is called Prezi and I am in love!  Prezi is a zooming presentation editor.  They have a great tutorial and if you are an educator you get upgraded to what they call their "Enjoy" license for FREE!  I am getting ready to begin a study of biographies and decided to give Prezi a try.  It was incredibly easy to navigate after watching the first tutorial.  I am also thinking that if I can do this my second graders can too.  They are so tech savvy!  I still have a lot to learn, but I thought this was pretty good for my first try.



If you are looking for a new and easy way to have students present....OR....you have a Promethean board you should give this site a go.  I would love to hear what you think after visiting the site.  One more thing...the cute biography templates for research are from Amanda Nickerson's Wax Museum Biographies Unit. I think after all this computer work I will head back out for some more fun in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment