Graphics by

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy Holidays!

We made it to the break!  Yeah!  I had so much fun with my studnets on the last day of school.  We spent the morning caroling with almost half the elementary school and then spent the afternoon reading and playing board games.  We had a "Secret Santa Reader" gift exchange and to my amazement all 15 of my students (even those little guys that don't have a lot of stamina built up for reading) spent 25 solid minutes reading and sharing their new books with each other.  I am thinking I should wrap books up for "read-to-someone" time in the future!   I bought four new board games for our classroom and had each table group open one.  They were so excited and now we have more games for rainy/snowy days when we can't be outside.  Several students brought games as well.  Such a fun way to get to spend time together.  Here is an Animoto video I whipped out to share with the kids right before they went home for their much deserved winter break.  Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment